Monday, May 9, 2011

Alabama Cup and Shirt

My mom wanted a girly Alabama shirt and couldn't find one like she was looking for, so I decided to make her one to go with her Mother's Day gift.  I also made her a matching tumbler.  For the Alabama A, I did a google search and found an svg file for this and then I used the font Adlib for the words I put on the tumbler and shirt. 

Here is how the tumbler turned out.

Here is the front of the t-shirt.
And the back of the t-shirt.

To make the t-shirt, I used vinyl to cut the design out and used the negative image to place on the shirt.  I then just painted over the image with fabric paint and let it dry before removing the vinyl.  Here is a picture of the shirt in progress.


10 comments:

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS and GRAPHICS said...

Thanks for following me
I have blog candy you can win
need to come and post on by 5/16/11 if you have not
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-candywhat-i-what-for-my-birthday.html
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Jen said...

Great project, Jean! I bet your Mom loved it!! Is the tumbler one of those insulated ones from Wal-Mart? I saw them the other day -- I've been looking for the same ones only with handles.

~ Jen

Jean said...

Jen,
I got this tumbler at Ross. They are double walled insulated ones. I haven't seen any with handles, but if I do I will let you.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great gift idea!

Running Turtle said...

WONDERFUL!!! I love them both! I know your mom loved the "girly" shirt and tumbler!!
TinaB

Rhonda Emery said...

what cool projects who wouldnt love these. hugs

Kel said...

What a great great gift and I just love the bright pink.. I'm sure your mom LOVED it.. Very nice!

Besthobbyeva said...

I want you for my daughter, lol! I love these as I am sure your Mom did!! Awesome job!

Laurie

Lisa said...

Gorgeous design on the shirt.

Bluewhalehardware said...

Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......Nice post keep it up and keep sharing. Do you want boat accessories? Visit here Fishing pole holders