Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Birthday Cakes for the Twins





I have two sisters that are twins, Whitney and Britney. Their 23rd birthday is coming up on June 16th and I wanted to make them each one of these cute little cakes I have been seeing on the Cricut Messageboard and on SplitCoastStampers.


The light is the little lights that you can turn on at the bottom. These came from the Dollar Store in a pack of 2 for $1. I then used ribbon around the sides and I cut the circle for the top with the 1 7/8 size scalloped circle punch. I then used the crop a dile to cut a hole in the center to fit over the top. I then added some flower gemstones for embellishments and wrote Happy 23rd Birthday on top. (I used terrifically tacky tape on the ribbon and a zig glue pen on the top paper)

1 comment:

Audrey Frelx said...

I've seen those cute little "cakes" everywhere too, and I just love them. They are so cute!!!

Your sisters should love them and get a huge kick out of them!