Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Decorate to Celebrate Easter Challenge: Bunny Suckers with Centerpiece

It is time for a new challenge over at Decorate to Celebrate.  The new challenge is to create a project for an Easter Party.  Be sure to head over to http://www.decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/ to check out all of the projects by the design team and enter your own project into the challenge.

I made a centerpiece with bunny rabbit suckers for Kaylee to take to school for the class Easter party.  I really love how this turned out.  I had the idea for a while and wasn't sure if it was going to come together as I imagined it, but I was so glad it did!
To make this, I started out with a styrofoam circle that was 12inches wide x 1inch high.  I covered it with green spraypaint to be the base.
Once that was dry, I used the Zooballoo Cartridge and some glossy green paper to cut out a grass border to go around the base.  I cut four of these at a size of 11.03inches wide x 5inches high and hot glued them around the edge. 
To make the bunnies, I used the Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge and cut a front and back for them at a size of 2.88inches wide x 3.82inches high.  I added a small puff ball to the back for the tail.  For the front of them, I added google eyes and a small puff ball, drew in the mouth and used a pink color pencil to add the remaining details.  Once they were finished, I used a small dab of hot glue to attach the front and back to Tootsie Roll Pops.

I made 25 of the bunnies in all and then added them to the centerpiece by pushing the sticks into the styrofoam base.

To finish it off, I used a sample piece of vinyl siding from Lowes and a white dowel stick to make the sign.  The Happy Easter was cut using the font on the Batman Cartridge and pink vinyl.  I then went over it with a thin coat of Mod Podge to make sure the vinyl did not peel up.  Then, I had some small, flat backed carrots from Hobby Lobby that I glued to the about 6 of the bunnies hands. 

23 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

oh my jean these are the cutest little rabbits I love them. hugs

Georgiana said...

Wow! Another great project for Kaylee's class. They sure are spoiled. I wish you were my Room Mom.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Lisa said...

So creative and absolutely adorable!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Gwen said...

So stinkin cute!!!

Creative Diva said...

Lisa, this is too cute.I love how you put it together. Thanks for the tutorial and for having me be a Guest Designer for Decorate to Celebrate.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com
DTC Guest Designer

Norma said...

OMG! Jean these are soooo adorable and LOVE their tail hee hee. Kaylee's class will love these yummy treats!
Hugs,
Norma

Georgiana said...

Wanted to let you know I am sharing an award with you.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

callyannc said...

What an adorable cute idea! Love it! TFS CallyAnn

Cricut Couple said...

Well, leave it to Jean to come up with the most creative centerpiece I have ever seen! This is AWESOME!!!

Unknown said...

SO very CUTE! Love these happy little critters. Great idea to put them on foam and to use the siding piece for the sign. I always love seeing what you have cooked up:)

HappyPlaceJen said...

Oh my goodness, this is so so CUTE!! Very clever! I am a new follower. :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

Angi Barrs said...

WOWZA...this is just so full of cuteness!

Besthobbyeva said...

Sooooo darn cute!! I am sure they will be a HUGE hit in the classroom!!

Laurie

bonkdawn said...

Oh my gosh - LOVE!!

Running Turtle said...

Now that is darling...what an adorable centerpiece!!
Tina B

Unknown said...

OMGosh!! How cute is this?!?! What a creative idea!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are so super fun!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is so super cute-- love how you have put together such a fun adorable Easter project
Cheers from Bangalore, India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Way too cute!!! I love it. x

DIANA L. said...

These are so stinkin' cute

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I love these paper bunnies.

Unknown said...

Hello there they are fantastic donu have a tempkate for this cute bunny??

Unknown said...

Hello there thanks for sharing do you have a template for this cute bunny