Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Compact Case Mini Albums





These pics show what this looked like prior to the album being finished.


A while ago, I saw where someone had used a makeup compact and put pictures in it for Mother's Day on the More than Scrap blog. When I saw it, I knew instantly that I wanted to make something similar. I found some compacts that just had mirrors in them in the Target $1 area.

I painted the front of the compact to cover up the words and I also painted the inside of one of the mirrors, so that it would match my album cuts when I added them. I used the gypsy to weld some circles together to make a mini album. Once cut, I folded them up. I then used the computer to print out circles with phrases on them and cut them out to add to the circles. I added small flowers to each circle to embellish them. The flower that I added to the front is a gem that I had. I was worried about it staying on, so I used hot glue to attach it. The album part was added with terrifically tacky tape.

These were made to go with the twin's birthday gifts, so I added sister quotes on the inside. Don't know if you can read them in the picture, but they say:
Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of.
In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.
Sisters are different flowers picked from the same garden.
When mom and dad don't understand, a sister always will.
The best part about having you as a sister, is I always have a friend.


The Cute and Some Showcase #10 Challenge is to make a mini album, so I am putting this in their challenge. Hopefully, I will have time to make some more mini albums this week, because I need to make some for gifts.

6 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG!!! Jean, if this isn't one of the cutest things I've seen! How cute is this!!!

Thank you so much for enjoying the showcases, I'm so glad you do and we just LOVE having you.

And, too, thanks for your visits and kind words always!

Hugs, my friend!

Unknown said...

This is adorable!!! What a cute idea (that I might have to lift ~ he he)!! Thanks for putting this in the showcase!!

Mad Fat Girl said...

Love it!
Amee

flowerdisco said...

wtg!

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, you've did it again!!! Congratulations! This adorable little mini album was selected in Showcase #10 for an award, so come on over and grab yours!!!

We love your playing with us, and hope to see you again -- of course!!!

Thanks for playing with us!

Jean said...

Thanks so much to Audrey and all of the team fairies at Cute and Some!!!