Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Shadow Box / OTWC Challenge Entry

When I saw the colors for this week's challenge at Off The Wall Craftiness (http://offthewallcraftiness.blogspot.com/), I thought about these ornaments I had that matched one of the colors and I knew I wanted to make a shadow box using them.  Here are the inspiration photo and colors for this week.

I started out with a plain shadow box that was 8x10.  I cut a piece of red foil cardstock that had some embossing on it to fit the frame.  I then used the Storybook Cricut Cartridge to cut the corners in green.  I originally wanted to put ornaments inside the frame, but they were too thick, so I used hot glue to add them to the outside of the frame.
Here are some closeups of the ornaments and corners.

8 comments:

Monica said...

This is absolutely wonderful Jean!!! Thanks for the follow. I love your blog!

Unknown said...

Beautifully done!

Rose said...

Great Job!!!

Besthobbyeva said...

I love shadow boxes. This is awesome. What a great idea!! I love the 3d affect!!

Georgiana said...

What an amazing shadow box. The red shiny paper is perfect and the bulbs are a great touch.

Happy Holidays,
Georgiana

Amy Kolling said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! You did an amazing job of using the OTWC colors! I had a hard time with these but you did it effortlessly! Thanks so much for sharing this sweet project with us at OTWC!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Your frame is beautiful. I love those bulbs, they are so pretty and shiny. They really pop this project. Glad to have you playing along with OTWC.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my I love this Jean! What a great project and I love the Christmas Light bulb! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at OTWC and Good luck! :-)