Monday, December 6, 2010

Three Christmas Cards

I decided that I would make a different Christmas card for each of my immediate family and one of my close friends, but I hadn't worked on them yet.  This is really bad for me, because I usually give or mail my cards out the day after Thanksgiving, but this year that did not happen.  Today, I made 3 of them. I am figuring if I can finish all of them by the end of the week.

For my grandmother on my mom's side, I made this card.  I used Wild Card for the base and Winter Frolic for all of the cuts. I used a clear glitter pen to cover the beige colored cuts and then used yellow stickles on the center of the star and the yellow in the title.  Because the cuts were so small, I decided to draw the eyes and mouth and put a little pink on his cheeks by hand.
For my sister Britney, I made this card using Wild Card for the base and Winter Frolic for the mouse and present.  I threaded ribbon through the card and glued a matching bow to the top.  I then used a pop dot for the present in the mouse's hand.  I also added a google eye, a small red gem to the nose and some hand drawn dots to the gift.
This card is for my sister Whitney.  I used Jolly Holidays for the Elf and Storybook to make the base by welding two marquee shapes together.  I added some details to the elf: puffy paint on his hat, mini light bulbs on the lights, buttons on the overalls, small puff balls on the shoes, and a white pen to outline everything with faux stitching, and a hand drew the lines in the ears..

6 comments:

Celeste B. said...

These are beautiful!! :) TFS! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Si fun, Love the jolly elf!

Rose said...

I love them all,Oh so cute!!!
TFS
Rosebud222222222

2 Ducky said...

When you get done with yours will you come help me?! These are wonderful. All of them. But my fave is that elf!!!

motherloves3 said...

What a great job. Love them.

Lisa said...

What beautiful cards.