Saturday, September 24, 2011

Acrylic Keychains

I bought some 1 inch acrylic circles to make keychains with off of Etsy.  They already have a hole in the top, so I just had to add a key ring and chain to them.  (Found a bag of 16 at the Dollar Tree)  I decided to go ahead and do a few to see how they turned out.  I wanted to put a Captain America Shield on one for me, but I was thinking the circles would be small to deal with in vinyl, so I had my hubby paint the symbol on there.  He painted it on the back to give it some depth and then I added a couple of coats of mod podge to seal it.
I also made two with green vinyl for gifts.  They are the Green Lantern Symbol and the Xbox Power Symbol.

8 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

this is so neat jean tfs. I would also like to tell you that i am on a new design team called cuttin with class if you hop over and become a follower she is giving away a free cut file also you can read about all the challenge on tues. I am also giving away a my memories digital software on the 30th if interested just leave a comment under the post. hugs

- - Sheryl - - said...

cute - tonight I am shrinking shrinky dinks to make charms - these would make cure charms!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are cute! I picked up the same key chains at the dollar store, I don't need them but they were only a dollar!!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Cute idea. Like the Captain America one. :)

Stacy said...

Ok, Jean,
I need to know how you come up with some of the cutest things all the time, what is your secret.
These are adorable
Hugs, Stacy

Angi Barrs said...

I love Green Lantern. Very creative project. :)

Unknown said...

Great idea, Jean! Such cute earrings.
Thanks for commenting on the Cuttin' Up with Class Challenge blog. Hope to see one of your creative projects in the challenge :)

Jani
cuttinupwithclass.blogspot.com
aka paper compulsions

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, how cute!!! And what an enabler you are -- now I'll have to try to find some of those... lol!!! Girlfriend, they'd make cute earrings too!