Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Guest Designer at Decorate to Celebrate

I am so thrilled to be a guest designer for the Decorate to Celebrate blog today.  If you missed yesterday's post, they are having a Birthday Party Blog Hop and a Month Long Birthday Challenge Celebration.  Be sure to stop by their blog here: http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/ to join in on the fun challenge for this month.  Since they are celebrating the birthdays of Rhonda and Amy this month, I made a birthday card for each of the ladies. 

My first card is for Rhonda.  She is turning 50 this month, so I wanted to make a card for that.  I used the Wild Card Cartridge for the base of my card.  I then used the Batman Cartridge for the font, Create a Critter for the branch and an Owl Sticker to put on the branch.  I outlined the words and added some ribbon to the outside to finish the card off.

My second card is for Amy.  She likes giraffe's, so I wanted to include one on the card.  I used Wild Card for the base and Create a Critter for all of the other cuts.  I outlined the phrase with a black marker, added google eyes to the giraffe, and then added ribbon to the outside of the card.

5 comments:

Besthobbyeva said...

Jean, love love both of the cards. I love the shape of them and ribbon is a great added touch. Happy Birthday ladies! Congrats Jean, on being a guest designer. Well deserved!!

Laurie

Angi Barrs said...

Super adorable. Love that owl card. :)

Cricut Couple said...

Adorable! Love how you looped the ribbon around the edges. So cute!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super sweet cards Jean!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Well, I'm glad to see you're so popular, my friend!!! Congrats, again, on your guest spot!!!

Your sweet little owl card is just that!!! Oh, and it's adorable too...lol!