Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Snowman Table Settings: Decorate to Celebrate Christmas Party: Design Team Project

Good Morning Everyone.  Today I have my first design team posting for Decorate to Celebrate.  The new challenge is all about decorations for your Christmas Party. Be sure to stop by and see all of the projects by the design team and enter your own Christmas Party Decoration here: http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/.

For my project, I made some Snowman Table Settings.  I am going to have a little get together for my sisters and Kaylee to decorate ornaments and I thought these would be neat to have at their places at the table.   
To make these, I started out with small styrofoam balls and a skewer.  You will need 1 ball sized 2 inches and 2 balls sized 1 1/2 inches for each snowman.  I used the skewer to attach the three together with the largest on the bottom.
Next, I used a small hand saw to cut across the bottom of the largest styrofoam ball so they would stand up. 
Now, I was ready to start adding decorations.  I used a hot glue gun to attach all of the accessories.  The mini hats are from Hobby Lobby, the small carrot noses are from Hobby Lobby, I used google eyes and then added flat back black pearls for the buttons.  I used a sharpie marker to draw the little dots for the mouth.  Finally, I cut a small piece of ribbon for the scarf.
Now, my snowmen needed some arms.  I decided to use brown pipecleaners to make some simple arms and poked them directly into the side of the snowmen.
Finally, I needed to make labels with the names on them.  I used Cricut Markers and the Batman Cricut Cartridge for the font to write out each of their names.  I then used the Storybook Cricut Cartridge to cut the marquee shape around the names.  Once they were finished, I hot glued them to the pipecleaner.
I am also linking these up to:

12 comments:

Kel said...

I just love snowmen! Very clever, adorable and they will LOVE them at the place settings. Nice job!

TeenaBugg38 said...

ohhhhh cutecutecute!!!!!!!!!

Angie S said...

Super cute! tfs

Rhonda Emery said...

these are just too cute jean love them

Angi Barrs said...

What a fun project. Love those snowmen.

thiscouldbeyou said...

Oh wow! I made snowmen similar to these not too long ago, but yours are way better.

Valerie said...

Cute!! I am going to have to make some of these, have a Christmas bunco party coming up!

Sally said...

these are so darn cute, what a great way to do Table place settings :) thanks for sharing this lovely idea

Besthobbyeva said...

These are sooo cute!! You did a great job on your project!!

I may just have to steal this idea!

Laurie

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Jean!!! Hope you enjoyed a great Thanksgiving holiday!!!

Your little snowmen turned out adorable! They are sooo cute and will look great on any holiday table!

Well, you always come through with an awesome project!!!

Hugs, my friend!

Norma said...

Hi Jean, such CUTE snowman and fabulous to use for any holiday table!!
Hugs,
Norma

Amy said...

These are so cute!!! Adorable little snowmen for the table- great idea :)Amy
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com