Friday, December 2, 2011

Santa Hat Card

I made a couple of these cards for Madison's "I Feel The Love Project".  Please stop by her blog and consider sending a card for this great project she does each month. :)

I used the Jolly Holiday's Lite Cartridge and the Gypsy to create a shaped card.  Once I cut the base in white, I cut the brim and ball layers in white and attached them.  I then used White Puffy Paint to cover those and a heat gun to make it puff up and give it the texture of snow.

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut: Holiday Cards: http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/
Whimsical Wednesday: Layer It: http://www.whimsical-designs.com/

9 comments:

shelly said...

cute santa hat card :) thanks for sharing with us at whimdesigns :)

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Very cute! Love the puffy paint.

Rhonda Emery said...

this is really cute

Melanie Makes said...

I just love all the texture you got from the puffy paint. Thanks for joining us for Challenge me Monday at FCCB. - Melanie

Madison said...

Jean, love this!!! I always forget to make shape cards. Now I see that I need puffy paint. What a fun card. So super cute. Thanks for your support!! I really appreciate it. You ROCK!!!
~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

Very cute card! I love the hat shape and the layers of snow! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

Beckie said...

Super cute. Great snow effect.

Thanks for playing Challenge Me Monday at FCCB!

Be Blessed, Beckie

joni said...

Cute card!!! I love the Santa Hat and the puffy paint is awesome! Thanks for joining the challenge at Whimsical Designs!
hugs,
joni

Nanne said...

super cute and clever card.. love the faux fur look..
Thnx for joining in our fun over at Whimsical Designs..
Hugs
Nanné