Monday, December 5, 2011

Frosty the Snowman Outfit

Who doesn't love the song Frosty the Snowman.  We are big fans of Frosty around here, so my ornament party I had last weekend was snowman themed, I thought it would be really fun to make a Snowman Outfit to wear.  I wanted to do this for Kaylee and was so excited to keep it a secret from her until the party.  The look on her face was priceless when she came in the room and saw me dressed as a snowman. :)  Here is a picture of me and her.
For the costume, it was really simple and pretty inexpensive.  To make the hat, I went to Party City and purchased a $1 plastic top hat.  I then cut a small piece of a leaf and holly berries from a decorative piece that I purchased at Hobby Lobby and hot glued it to the hat.
I then went to Walmart and bought a plain white sweater for $5.  I then purchased some large buttons from Hobby Lobby for $2.50 each and hot glued them to the center of the shirt.
For the nose, my hubby helped me out with this.  We took a scrap piece of orange cardstock and rolled it up into a cone shape and taped it in place.  We then added elastic to the cone so it could fit over your nose.
To finish the outfit off, I had the rest of the items already on hand.  I added some white gloves, white lounge pants a red scarf and some black boots.  My hubby says that I am not a snowman, I am a snow"mam", lol.
I am entering this into the following challenges:
Frosted Designs: Music Inspired: http://frosteddesigns.blogspot.com/
I am also linking this up to:

Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party

9 comments:

Georgiana said...

You always seem to have a great time, especially for your niece. Go Snow"mam"!

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Teresa Jaye said...

oh, this is adorable! What a great idea and fun surprise for Kaylee! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

Besthobbyeva said...

Oh Jean, this is perfect. I love, love Frosty! You look sooooo darn cute. I am sure you niece loved it!! Great job!

Laurie

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

You are such a good sport Jean! You are rockin' that snowman outfit!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

Love the song, "Frosty the Snowman!" What a creative entry for our challenge! I hope you'll join us again at Frosted Designs!

Cricut Couple said...

How fun is this?!? So Cool!

Eli said...

Too nice! Great idea!
Eli (Frosted Designs)

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK...love your costume. Adorable. :)

CG said...

How fun! Very cool. Congrats on winning a Top 3 spot at Frosted Designs, loved seeing a project "out of the box" LOL! Very happy holidays to you & yours.