Friday, December 2, 2011

Snowmen LifeSavers

I made these this afternoon for the ornament party that I had earlier today.  It was a Snowman Themed Party and I wanted to make one more little gift for everybody.  I will have more pics of other things I had for the party to share soon.  These are really quick and easy to make.

To make these, you will need: white paper, orange and black markers, google eyes, ribbon, small santa hats (these are from Hobby Lobby in the Christmas Crafts area), and a glue gun to put it together.  For the lifesavers, I bought one of the Christmas book packs, because it comes with six packs and is cheaper than buying them individually.

You will need to wrap the pack of lifesavers in white paper and hot glue it together at the back to make a tube.  This way, you can pull the candy out easily.  I just freehand cut the paper after laying the candy across it.

Next, I slipped the hat down around the top of the tube.  It fit tightly, so there was no need for any glue.  I then used a small amount of hot glue and wrapped some ribbon around the tube for the scarf.

Finally, I added two google eyes and drew in the mouth, nose, and buttons to finish them up.
I am entering these into the following challenge:
Docerela Creations: 3D Christmas: http://docerelacreations.blogspot.com/
My Sheri Crafts: Decorate for Christmas: http://myshericrafts.blogspot.com/
I am also linking these up at:


Party Button

11 comments:

Josie0602 said...

These are so cute!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So cute Jean!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

These are adorable Jean! Great job, and cute faces.

Jen said...

Too cute, Jean! What a great idea -- the kids in my daughter's class just might be getting these for Christmas! TFS!

Rhonda Emery said...

these are so cute may have to make some. hugs

Jovan said...

ADORABLE!

Georgiana said...

I remember my grandfather use to eat Lifesavers ALL the time. Cute idea.

Stop by when you get a chance.
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Norma said...

Hi jean, super cute idea and a great treat to give!!
Hugs,
Norma

Charlotte said...

These are just so so cute. Thanks for joining My Sheri Crafts.
Charlotte

Glenda said...

So cute Jean! Such a fun little gift! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
Glenda

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Thank you so much for joining us @ My Sheri Crafts!