Monday, December 5, 2011

Penguin Square Cards

Well, I still have not started on my own Christmas cards, but I did manage to finish some that my sister asked me to make this weekend.  She needed five simple cards for the 5 men that live in the group home where one of our uncles lives.  Hopefully, I will get a chance to work on my own cards later this week. :)

For her cards, I decided to make square cards that looked like a penguin face.  I used the Wild Card Cricut Cartridge to cut the base of the card.  I then cut a white heart from the George and Basic Shapes Cartridge and trimmed it to fit how I wanted the face to fit on the front.  I cut another smaller orange heart for the beak and added two google eyes.  I cut a basic square from George and Basic Shapes out of white cardstock for the inside so she could add her sentiments.

I am entering these into the following challenge:
Creative Cutter Room: Animals: http://www.creativecutter.org/

9 comments:

Cathie Rigby said...

This is so clever...I really like your style! Thanks so much for entering these adorable cards in The Creative Cutter Room. Hugs Cathie

Rhonda Emery said...

these are adorable

Angi Barrs said...

They will love these cards. Love the penguin faces. :)

Besthobbyeva said...

Anything with a penguin on it wins my vote! These are adorable! Love them!!

Laurie

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute Penguin cards Jean! I mailed out 29 Handmade cards today! I have about 12 more to go! Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri

Judy said...

Very cute cards. Love them.

Cricut Couple said...

How cute are these! Love it!

mamawcindy said...

Your Cards are Adorable! Very Creative! Just found your blog and I'm now following you. Would Love for you to come visit my blog sometime. :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I love the noses.