Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Santa-Tizer

I am so excited to share this project with everybody today, because I love how they turned out.  I made these for Kaylee's teacher.  They are very easy and inexpensive to put together if you need a last minute gift.  And, we can all use sanitizer around the holidays with the cold weather and so many people coming in and out.  Got to keep everybody healthy. :)
To make these, I started out by getting by plain bottles of hand sanitizer from the Dollar Store. 

Then, I made my cuts for the bottle.  I used George and Basic Shapes to cut a rectangle out of shiny red paper at a size of 8 inches wide x 4 inches high.  I then used vinyl for the other cuts.  I cut a black piece for the belt at a size of 8 inches wide x 1 inch high from George and Basic Shapes.  I then used yellow vinyl and the Winter Frolic Cartridge to cut the buckle at a size of 1 1/2 inches.  For the font, I used the Robotz Cartridge and cut the saying at 2 1/2 inches wide x 1 1/4 inches high.
Now, I took these pieces and put them onto the red paper to make the cover for the bottle.  I went ahead and removed the label off of the front of the hand sanitizer, but this is not really needed.  (I am not sure why I was thinking about removing it, because you will be covering it up).

I wrapped this label around the bottle and used a line of hot glue to attach the back and finish it off.  Here is a picture of the front and back of the bottles.

7 comments:

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

these are so cute!!
Kristan

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK...You are so creative Jean. Love these. Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas. :)

Jens Craft Corner said...

This is just fabulous! I love this idea! Santa-tizer! Too cute! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Can't believe it's 2012 already!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are sooo super fun!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Norma said...

OMG! Jean this is just too CUTE and a fantastic idea!! Love to see all your fabulous creations!! Great stocking stuffer for sure!! Have a wonderful Christmas my friend!!
Hugs
Norma

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Jean! These little "sanitizers" are adorable!!! Kaylee's teacher will love these!!!

Sorry I've been mia and missed several posts but I'll be bouncing back and forth to catch up as much as I can. I've missed all your creative projects and I've missed you too, my friend!

Unknown said...

Oh how CUTE! I always love a good pun :)