Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Santa Chimney Candy Holder/ Cutting Up With Class Fireplace Challenge/ Design Team Project

It is Tuesday and time for a new challenge over at Cutting up with Class.  I hope you will join us this week.  The challenge is to use this great fireplace cut that you can pick up over on the site.  Be sure to stop by and check out all of the projects by the design team and pick up the file to enter your own project here: http://www.cuttinupwithclass.blogspot.com/
Remember that you need to create a new project for this challenge and link it back to CUWC. :)

For my project, I wanted to make a candy bar slider with the Santa coming out of the chimney.  I covered my candy bar in red paper and used white paint to add a crick effect.  I then hand cut a little piece to look like snow and used puffy paint on it to get a snowy effect for the top.  The fireplace cut for this week at CUWC was cut and painted with the same bricks for the bottom of the candy bar holder.  I then added some yellow paper, mini lights and small pieces of skewers cut to look like wood.  The Santa cut is from Lettering Delights Santa Express set and was glued to the back of the wrapper.
 Here is a pic where you can see how the candy bar comes out of the package.

I am also entering this into the following challenge:
My Craft Spot: Christmas Treat Packaging: http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

super cute jean

Cheryl First said...

Cute concept!

Besthobbyeva said...

Oh, Jean this is so adorable. What a great, great idea! The bricks look awesome!

Laurie

Norma said...

Hi Jean, OMG! love this project and OMG! your snowman outfit is just adorable!!
Hugs,
Norma

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so cute Jean!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

Fab idea. Santa is soooo cute. :)

Jayne said...

This is so adorable.Love it.Thanks for sharing at My Craft Spot this week.
Jayne x

Kate said...

What a clever idea!! And your brick paper looks fabulous! I didn't realize that you'd painted it yourself until I read that. Wow! Great job!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper
smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Sweet candy bar gifty!! I love the brick design! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot! I hope you'll join us again this week!
Amber

Bamabel said...

Too cute! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot!

Aymee

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Cute! What a fun idea! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

Lisa said...

I love how Santa is waving to you.