Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Decorate to Celebrate Winter Wedding Challenge: Design Team Project

It is time for a new challenge over at Decorate to Celebrate.  This time, the challenge is to make a decoration for a Winter Wedding.  Be sure to stop by and check out all of the projects by the design team and enter your own project into the challenge here: http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/.

For my project, I decided to make some table place settings.  I had gathered some pinecones from behind my house a while ago and wasn't sure what I was going to do for them.  When this challenge came up, I knew they would be perfect for the occassion.  This is what I came up with.

To begin with, I started out by taking some of the pinecones and some fake snow spray that I purchased at Hobby Lobby. 
 I covered the pinecones with the snow spray and let them dry.
 Once they were dry, I used the Cricut to cut the labels for them.  I used the Storybook Cartridge to cut a white marquee shape and a smaller blue marquee shape.  I then used the Batman Cartridge to cut the font for the labels using white vinyl.  I then used a small dot of hot glue to attach these to the top of the pinecones.
 I think these would look great on the tables at a Winter Wedding.  You could also do names on them and use them at the actual seats for each person if you wanted.

15 comments:

DIANA L. said...

These are beautiful they came out so nice.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

love these jean these would be beautiful on a table for that winter wedding or any winter party. beautiful as always

Besthobbyeva said...

Such a fun idea, I love it.

Laurie

Angi Barrs said...

Love your adorable place settings.

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Jean! Saw these over at DTC and I just knew these were yours!!! They are sooo cute and they look like table settings you'd make -- guess I'm getting to know your style, my friend... lol!!!

They are fun and adorable for a winter wedding!!!

Norma said...

Love these Jean! They are definately fit for a Winter Wedding:) Great job!!
Hugs,
NOrma

Sherrie K. said...

So cute and such a FUN idea! It will look awesome on the table:) TFS!
Hope you had a nice Christmas. Happy New Year!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Claire Spielman said...

Love your cones for a winter wedding even though it wouldn't work here in Florida!! LOL TFS
Creative Wishes,
Claire
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Docerela said...

Jean, this project is totally awesome. I just love it. Great work !


btw Congratulations!!! You are a winner on my blog, be sure to stop by, also please email me your address so I can fwd you your stamps.

whoohoo!!

Catarina

Unknown said...

Great idea. They look son nice.

Stacy said...

OMG Jean,
These are just the cutest. I have a ton of pine cones and didn't even think of this. I will be doing this next year though. I hope you and your family have a Blessed New Year
Hugs, Stacy

Running Turtle said...

Oh, wow! Now that is such a neat idea... very pretty and festive!
Tina B

Lisa said...

These are so creative and awesome, Jean!! I love the pine cones!! What a great project!! Happy New Year :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Carol's Creations said...

I'm visiting from DTC and I just love these. They are simple yet elegant! I have a grogery bag of pine cones from my mom's house that I am eventually going to make a cone tree for a winter decoration...I think that time is coming!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Visiting from Decorate to Celebrate. Like the frosty snow pinecones for table decor.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com