Most projects on this blog are my own ideas. You may use them for personal and non-commercial use only; however, you cannot publish, use them for submissions to contests, or make a profit off my work. If projects are not based on my original idea, I will try my best to direct you to the creator or where the idea originated from. Thanks so much for your cooperation and I hope that you find lots of inspiration here.
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Spook-tac-u-lar Day 1: Countdown to Trick or Treating
Welcome to the 31 Days of Spook-tac-u-lar fun. I am so glad you stopped by to join in on the Halloween fun. Remember to come by each day this month for a new Halloween project and stop in on Monday for the first giveaway. After you view my project, hop on over to Rhonda's blog to see what she has to share with you for today here: http://www.scraphappenswithrhonda.blogspot.com/.
For day 1, I have created a Halloween Countdown. I thought it would be fun for Kaylee to be able to countdown the days until she gets to go Trick or Treating.
I started out with a frame from Michaels and removed the glass and the backing.
Next, I used Pumpkin Orange acrylic paint to cover the frame and the backing. (Because this frame soaked up the paint, it took about 3 coats to get it the shade of orange I wanted).
Once my paint was dry, I decorated it with black and white vinyl cuts. I cut multiple sized circles in white with the George and Basic Shapes and the title in black with the font on the Car Decals Cartridge. After placing those on the frame, I put a coat of mod podge over them to ensure they would stay in place and not be peeling up any.
Once that was dry, I put the backing back into the frame and added two little cup hooks. These came from Walmart in a pack of 6 for $1 and they come with foam dots to attach them.
Now, for my countdown numbers, I used the Smiley Cards cartridge for my candy corn and cut them at a size of: 2.24w x 2.53h. Then, I used the font on the Batman Cartridge and black vinyl to cut numbers to fit on the candy corns. Once they were all cut and put together, I punched a hole in each number so they would fit on the hooks.
Finally, I placed the numbers on my frame to finish it off.