Monday, May 9, 2011

Alabama Cup and Shirt

My mom wanted a girly Alabama shirt and couldn't find one like she was looking for, so I decided to make her one to go with her Mother's Day gift.  I also made her a matching tumbler.  For the Alabama A, I did a google search and found an svg file for this and then I used the font Adlib for the words I put on the tumbler and shirt. 

Here is how the tumbler turned out.

Here is the front of the t-shirt.
And the back of the t-shirt.

To make the t-shirt, I used vinyl to cut the design out and used the negative image to place on the shirt.  I then just painted over the image with fabric paint and let it dry before removing the vinyl.  Here is a picture of the shirt in progress.


9 comments:

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

Thanks for following me
I have blog candy you can win
need to come and post on by 5/16/11 if you have not
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-candywhat-i-what-for-my-birthday.html
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Jen said...

Great project, Jean! I bet your Mom loved it!! Is the tumbler one of those insulated ones from Wal-Mart? I saw them the other day -- I've been looking for the same ones only with handles.

~ Jen

Jean said...

Jen,
I got this tumbler at Ross. They are double walled insulated ones. I haven't seen any with handles, but if I do I will let you.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great gift idea!

Running Turtle said...

WONDERFUL!!! I love them both! I know your mom loved the "girly" shirt and tumbler!!
TinaB

Rhonda Emery said...

what cool projects who wouldnt love these. hugs

Kel said...

What a great great gift and I just love the bright pink.. I'm sure your mom LOVED it.. Very nice!

Besthobbyeva said...

I want you for my daughter, lol! I love these as I am sure your Mom did!! Awesome job!

Laurie

Lisa said...

Gorgeous design on the shirt.