Wednesday, May 25, 2011

CWC Challenge 31: Memorial Day with Stitching: Design Team Project

It is Wednesday again and time for a new challenge at Cooking with Cricut.  This week the challenge is Memorial Day with stitching (faux or real).  Be sure to check out all of the design team projects and enter the challenge here: http://www.cookingwithcricut.com/.

I decided to do something a little different than everybody else.  Since Memorial Day marks the beginning of summer for us, I made a summer layout.  I used the Simply Charmed cartridge for the watermelon, Doodlecharms for the seeds, Robotz for the font and Storybook for the frame.  I outlined everything in black and then added faux stitching to the frame, seeds, font and watermelon.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Jean,
This is adorable, I love that watermelon
Hugs
Stacy

Besthobbyeva said...

So cute! I love the little face on the watermelon!! Great job!

Laurie

Angi Barrs said...

I love watermelon in the summertime. Love it. :)

Rhonda Emery said...

I love that lime green paper you used makes the watermelon really pop such a cute layout. love it.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute!

Jen said...

Great LO, Jean! The colors really pop!

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com