Tuesday, January 3, 2012

YourStory Photo Albums

I have the larger YourStory machine, but my hubby got me the YourStory Photo for Christmas.  I decided to give it a try and make a couple of photo books for my mom.  It is super easy to use and only takes a few minutes to bind the photos into the albums.  These albums I used are the ones that came with the machine.  They are 4x6 albums and are a little bit thicker than cardstock.

For the first one, I made an album with some of our pictures from Halloween Day.  I used the Lettering Delights SVG Set Zombie Land for the the little zombie on the front.  I then used the Ariel font to cut the font out of black vinyl.  This album has 20 photos in it.  The instructions say these can hold up to 20 pages, but there seems to be more room if you are just putting photos.  I think you could probably put close to 30 in if you needed to.
 Here is a view of how the photos are attached inside.  It makes a flip type book.
For the second album, I cut some pictures from Christmas Day at my mom's house.  I only put 17 pictures in this album.  For the front cover, I used the Ariel Font and red vinyl to cut the 2011.  The frog is from the Lettering Delights SVG Set Hoppy Holidays.
 Here is a picture showing you how thick the books are.  You can see what I was talking about with the extra space where you could fit more photos in if needed.
I have lots of ideas to try with this little machine, so you will be seeing some more to come. :)

9 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, Jean, these are just darn adorable!!!

BTW, picked up my calendars from Staples, I'll hopefully get them completed today before my family leaves back for Louisianna this week!

Thanks again for all your inspiration!

2 Ducky said...

So cool! Mine usually collects dust, but wouldn't it be neat if I pulled it out and let it collect pictures instead? Cute albums!

Georgiana said...

What a neat photo book. I looked at the Your Story but passed. Maybe I should look at both and do some comparing.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Cricut Couple said...

So Much Fun! I have a yourstory and I certainly don't use it enough. I have some pics from Christmas dinner. I think it's time to fire that sucker up!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are so fun! perfect gift idea!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Besthobbyeva said...

So much fun these little books are! So fun to get photo's, this is a nice added touch!!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Laurie

Angi Barrs said...

Awww these are sooo cute. I've been wanting to try out that machine. :)

Norma said...

Hi Jean:) OMG!! love it and has inspired me to use My Story which I've had for months LOL!! Great project for this weekend!! TFS and Happy New Year to you!!
Hugs,
Norma

Valerie said...

Very cute idea!! Can't wait to see more:)