Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Christmas Letter Swap




This year, we did a fun thing with my mom and sisters at the beginning of December. We all drew names and bought fun gifts with each letter of the word Christmas. This was separate from our Christmas gifts, but we thought it would just be a fun extra to do. In addition to the person we bought for, we split up the letters for my niece and all bought her a small gift for each letter. It was a lot of fun and something we had never done before.
I used Home Decor for the journal box at the top of the first page. I used Doodlecharms for the tags. These were actually cut as charms and used on my partner's gifts and then she gave them back to me after the swap so I could use them on Kaylee's page. I just cut off the circle at the top and then had the globe for the layouts.

Over at Cricutters Anonymous (formerly Just Buggin) they have a challenge to make something for a family member. I am putting these pages in the challenge, because they are for my niece's scrapbook. I have a link to their page in my sidebar if you want to join in and see all of their projects.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Great pages!! I love that idea of the buying gifts for each letter of Christmas! Thanks for joining us at Cricutters Anonymous!
Lynne CA DT

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

what a fun idea. I love the layouts and I'm sure your niece will too.

Mindy CA DT

Stephanie said...

This is a great idea! Love the LO! Thanks for joining us at Cricutters Anonymous this week!
Stephanie H **CA DT**