Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dino Notebook



My husband gave me a bind it all for my birthday and I just got a chance to try it out today. I made this cute Dinosaur notebook using the Create a Critter cartridge. I used chipboard for the front and back covers of the book. I cut them at a size 8 with the blade setting at 6 and the pressure setting at max with the multicut on. I did this twice for each cover, so it actually made the cut 4 times to ensure that it would cut through the chipboard. I then put my setting back to blade 4 and pressure high for the rest of the cuts. The dinosaur and top layer were cut at a size 8, while his mid section layer was cut at a size 3. I cut 10 white dinosaurs for the inside pages. The owires I used in the bind it all are size 1/2. I added a few embellishments when it was completed: a hair bow, googly eye and some green stickles. I had a little trouble with the punching at the top of my pages, but ended up getting them aligned. I think she turned out cute for my first notebook attempt.

11 comments:

DtsArt said...

Oh My Word! How Cute is this!!??!!

Kim V. said...

Wow - this is AWESOME!!! I want to try a word book, but now this is on my radar too! Love it.

Julie said...

What a cute project. very creative

P.G. Lamb said...

She's cute. The bow is the perefect touch.

Cin said...

TOO STINKIN CUUUUUUUUTE...............
Love this, Makes me wish I had this cart.

Dream of Scrappin' said...

Some way fun LO's and that dino book is the cutest!

Unknown said...

Oh How Cute!!! Love it...very creative!

Nubian Crafter said...

Too cute!! I really love this.

The Cropping Canuck said...

Adorable!

Cori @ MTS said...

This is too cute!
I hope it's okay that I featured this a put a link back on my blog, More! Than Scrap.
Thanks for sharing your talent!
Cori, morethanscrap.blogspot.com

Jean said...

No problem Cori! Thanks so much.