Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cooking with the Cricut Challenge 13 - Flowers - Design Team Project

For Challenge 13 at Cooking with the Cricut, our theme this week is Flowers.  You must use atleast 3 flowers on your project.  Be sure to stop by the blog to check out all of the DT's projects and get your flower project entered into the challenge here: http://cookingwithcricut.blogspot.com/,

I decided to make a layout for my project.  I used a background paper from the Songbird paper stack that had three flowers printed on the bottom.  I then used the Walk in my Garden Cricut Cartridge to cut flowers out of glitter cardstock to make a border around the picture.  I hand drew the stems in to match the ones that were on the printed flowers and added buttons to the center of the flowers.  I then used the Once Upon a Princess Cartridge to cut the title, outlined it with a Martha Stewart sepia marker and filled in the butterfly wings with a green marker.  (If you look closely, you can see the remains of a Star Wars temporary tatoo on Kaylee's arm, lol.  When I was making this layout, I was thinking what has she got on her arm, and upon closer investigation I realized what it was.)



13 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

really cute layout I love all the pretty colors you used. hugs

Besthobbyeva said...

Wow, fantastic use of flowers. I love it and the butterfly is just perfect! Great job!

Jessica said...

Beautiful submission! Thank you for visiting my blog =)

Paper Addict said...

This layout is amazing, I feel like spring, great idea with the flowers.Love it...Ronnie

Jennifer said...

Cute, cute, cute! Great job, Jean! It's so spring-y and fresh!

Maria Elena said...

Great job Jean ! Love how your flowers came out !

Have a great Wednesday ;-)
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

Beautiful layout. Love the flowers, thanks for sharing!

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

Beautiful layout, Jean! It's exactly as it says "precious"!!!

Dalis said...

that is so smart, using a PP that had some flowers in it already!

-- dalis
CWC DT

GabyCreates.com said...

Beautiful LO... and I do have this DCWV stack! great idea! Gaby

Melissa said...

I love your layout - so cute!!

Luv Scrapping Together said...

This is beautiful, Jean!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so pretty! I'm so glad to be a part of the CWC DT with you!

Stacey
staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com