Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ladybug Card and Box Gift Set with Matching Envelope (OTWC Challenge Entry)








Above is the inspiration photo and colors for the color challenge at Off the Wall Craftiness this week. http://offthewallcraftiness.blogspot.com/ I needed to make a card and gift box for my grandmother who loves ladybugs, so I decided to add blue with the red and black of the ladybug. For the card, I used the Create a Critter cart and designed the card in the Gypsy. I used a blue base and googly eyes with blue eyelashes on this to incorporate the blue color. I made the box out of black cardstock with the following dimensions. The box was cut at a size 8 1/2 by 6 3/4 and then scored at 2 1/4 inches on all sides. I then cut the side score lines and folded it into the box shape. The handle is 1 1/2 inches wide and 11 inches long. For the handle, I used the EK Success Swiss Cheese punch on the black and then put a red base on it. I used the Create a Critter cart for these lady bugs as well and used the red circles from the ladybug cuts to put on the sides of the box. I did not have anymore of the blue eyes, so I used ones with white eyelashes on these ladybugs Finally, I used the George and Basic Shapes Cart to cut some black circles and used them to decorate the red envelope to look like Ladybug spots as well. My sisters and me all went in together to buy her some sapphire earrings, so the earring box will fit nicely into the little ladybug box that I made. You could use just about any cut on these little boxes for any theme you needed.

8 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, these are very cute!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super duper cuteness! Thanks for playing at OTWC and good luck!!!

Kim Wilson said...

This is fabulous Jean!!! I love them :) Too cute! You are fine on the timing, today was just a mixed up day so CSS had already posted about the challenge so I had to switch things around :) Thanks for playing and good luck!!!

Ladybug said...

Tooooo stinkin' cute!!! TFS! :-)

Kel said...

Awww who doesnt' love ladybugs?? Great project!

Angi Barrs said...

Super duper cute. Love this project :)

Scrappy Doo said...

Hi Jean:
Thank you for the nice notes on my blog.
And it gave me the chance to look at your stuff. OOH i love this ladybug basket....
How cute is this!!!!

Thank you again Jean! :)

Lisa said...

I love the ladybugs.