Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A "Moovelous" Pumpkin




When we went to drop off pumpkins at the Farmer's Market on Sunday, the lady that owns the market had took a pumpkin and painted spots on it like a cow.  When I saw it, I thought, I can make one of those and I can make it cuter.  So, I got a little pumpkin and decided to give it a try.  I used the Animal Kingdom Cartridge to cut the cow head and used googly eyes and small buttons on the face.  I then painted the pumpkin white.  It took 3 coats of the white paint to cover the pumpkin completely.  I then used black paint to add spots to the pumpkin and to paint the stem to look like a tail.  I hot glued the cow face to the pumpkin and I also used small spools that I painted black to hot glue to the bottom for legs.  I really love how this turned out.  I am thinking that I might have to make some other animals.

10 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is just Moo-velous!

Rhonda Emery said...

this is just too stinking cute and funny.

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean-Jean-Jean, I wish I could borrow your imagination for just one week and drain as much of it as I can get out -- lol!!! This is just too darn cute!

*Angela* said...

so cute! I love your blog! I just found it through the cricut forum and subscribed. Can't wait for your 31 days of Halloween crafts :) Thank you for sharing your creativity.

Scrappy Doo said...

I love it Jean. I'm a huge cow fan... Especially the black and white ones and this is beyond cute!!!! Thank you for posting!!!!

Besthobbyeva said...

So fun! How creative! I love it!!

Snowmanlover said...

Wow this is soooooooooooooooo cute!! barb

Kim Wilson said...

Thanks Jean! I cant wait to show you :)

Carol L said...

That is too cute! you are so talented and creative! I'm glad I found your blog, I just became yout newest follower and can't wait see more... have a great day!

Carol L.

P.G. Lamb said...

This little cow made me smile. :-D