Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Prayer Bugs



These are some prayer bugs that I made quite a few of last year for some of my family members to give to ladies at church and for a craft show. I have also used these to include in cards that I send out to people on the church prayer list or any friends in need of a pick me up. The lady bug was cut from the Doodlecharms cart and was cut at a size 3 inches for the black body and red wings. I added small googly eyes to them and used a white opaque pen to draw the smile on the mouth. I then used a mini glue dot to add the small heart button to the back side of the ladybug. The bags are the small jewelry bags that come from Hobby Lobby and I used the computer to make the labels that are folded over the bags. The labels are stapeled at the bottom to attach them to the bags. The label for these says: "I'm a litle prayer bug Being sent your way As a reminder that Someone cares and is Praying for you today! Turn me on my tummy and you will see, a heart full of Love and hugs from me!" I have also thought that you could add a magnet to these and use them as magnet gifts as well.

9 comments:

MsJay said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I think I will give a few of these out to my family members as well.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great way to show people you are thinking about them! Super sweet!

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, how absolutely adorable!!! What great little church giveaways are those!!! Love em!

Ladybug said...

OMG -- that is simply adorable. LOVE it!!! TFS!

cricaholic said...

This is the MOST WONDERFUL THOUGHTFULNESS gift I've seen!!!! TFS!!!

Shirl said...

Cute-are they made out of felt?

Jean said...

Shirl, they are cut out of cardstock paper. I don't know if you can cut felt in the cricut, but I think they would be cute out of felt.

Anonymous said...

what is a Doodlecharms cart ??

Nancy

Jean said...

Doodlecharms is a cartridge for the Cricut Electronic Cutting Machine.