Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back To School Card

I made this card for this month's "I Feel The Love" Project over at Madison's blog.  This month, she is collecting cards for a little girl named Kate who was diagnosed with a brain tumor.  You can go to her page and read more about Kate here and get the address to send a card to cheer up the family if you would like: http://www.funkycards.blogspot.com/.  

In an update email I received from Madison, she mentioned that Kate was going to be able to go back to school this year, so I thought it would be nice to make her a back to school themed card.  For this card, I used the Simply Charmed Cartridge for all of the cuts.  I used a red and blue marker to add some details to the front of the paper and added some google eyes to them also. 

I am also entering this into the following challenge:
Creative Cutter Room: Back To School: http://www.creativecutter.org/

10 comments:

Madison said...

Jean, this is so thoughtful!! What a great idea. You are so smart:) I am so happy to know you and to work with you!!! Now for this card. OMG!!! How cute is this??? So clever and so creative. I just love it and so will Kate. Thanks again for all of your support!!
~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

Judy said...

Really cute love the eyes, have a wonderful evening.
Judy

Jen said...

So cute! Kate will love this card, Jean!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So super cute! Great paper and pencil!

Thanks for joining us over at the CCR! DT Member Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

this is really adorable jean great job as always. love it

2 Ducky said...

That pencil is my favorite and those googly eyes crack me up!

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww this is so sweet Jean. This card will surely make her SMILE.

Scrappin' Sista said...

LOVE IT! How sweet of you. Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Cutter Room. We look forward to seeing you for our next challenge.

Christel
CCR Design Team
http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

Valerie said...

Cute card!! Those google eyes are great:)

Besthobbyeva said...

What an adorable, card, loving the googly eyes!!!

Laurie