Monday, August 1, 2011

Take Flight Block: Simply Charmed Cartridge Showcase at Cooking With Cricut

Today I am sharing over at Cooking with Cricut for the Cartridge Showcase this week.  I am sharing a project made with the Simply Charmed Cartridge.  This is one of my favorite carts, because it has adorable images for each season and some really cute phrases also.

I decided to make a home decor block to share today.  All of the images are from the Simply Charmed Cartridge.

To make this, I started out with a small block that I purchased on clearance and some Rustoleum blue paint to cover the block.

Once my paint was dry, I used the Gypsy to size the saying from the Simply Charmed Cartridge.  This particular saying has a smiley face in the letter a, so I hid that and used the circle from the g to make the a cut how I wanted it.  Once this was finished, I used white vinyl to cut the saying for the block.
Now, I used the bird from the Simply Charmed Cartridge and cut him in different shades of blue.  Once he was assembled, I added some white accent lines and a google eye to give him some details and then hot glued him to the front of my block.
This is a really simple and inexpensive project that could be made with different images for holidays, etc. 

5 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

how cute and a great idea.

Running Turtle said...

Very creative~~ I love it!
TinaB

Angi Barrs said...

Love your home decor block. Altered projects are my fave. :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, you come up with the cutest projects!!! This is so cute!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute! Love the shade of blue!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com