Thursday, August 4, 2011

Craft Wall Redo

I am so excited to share this with you guys.  I have been wanting to redo my wall behind my craft area and finally got around to working on that yesterday.  I love how it turned out and it only took yesterday afternoon for me and my hubby to finish all of the canvases and get them hung. 


For the middle sign, I used a piece of 20x30 foam board and some large wall stickers for the letters.  We used a ruler to measure out where the letters should go and line them up.  I love the Keep Calm and Carry On signs you can buy, and I really wanted to make my own for the craft room, so I went with: Keep Calm and Craft On.


For the images on the sides, we started out with four white canvases (2 that are 16x20 and 2 that are 12x12).  These were spray painted black to begin with.  Then I used white vinyl for the images. (Just a tip, be sure to use a brayer or bone folder over the images on the vinyl to make them secure on the canvas.  This helps because of the texture of the canvases.)  Here are the details on those cuts:

Scissors - Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge cut at a size of 10.21w x 16.18h
Sewing Machine - Nifty Fifties Cricut Cartridge cut at a size of 15.31w x 10.18h
Glue - Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge cut at a size of 10.51w x 9.50h
Needle - SVG file from Shery K Designs cut at a size of 13.9w x 1.79h




I am linking this up at the following places:
The Crafting Misfit Show and Tell: http://craftingmisfit.blogspot.com/
Party Button

14 comments:

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Ooh, I love that Jean!! Great job!

Audrey Frelx said...

JEAN, I LOVE that!!! Okay, can you and hubby come here and do mine now...lol!!!

Besthobbyeva said...

What a fantastic idea! Love it! Very nice!

Jens Craft Corner said...

I love this! I have never done wall art, but I really want to! Yours came out great!

Running Turtle said...

Fantastic work!!
TinaB

Valerie said...

What awesome wall decor!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So fun! Wish I had more wall space!!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

this is so cute and bet it looks great in your craft room.

Susan said...

Hi Jean!

I'm a new follower. I was over at Crafting Misfit and clicked on your link. I love, love, love this idea! It must look amazing in your craftroom!

Hope you stop on over and say hi!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

MyCuriousCrafts said...

This is super cool...so awesome. I'm stopping by via Rebecca's show n' tell and am now a follower. ~Shen

Crafting Misfit said...

Keep calm... haha... I need to remember that!
Thanks for linking up to show and tell!

Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
Visit my blog!

Trail of Treasures said...

How cute is this?!! Love it!! Thanks for showing such a beautiful crafting sign!! Just came over from Crafting Misfit's Show 'n' Tell and now a new follower. Would love for you to visit me at www.trailoftreasures.com

Hugs,
Tracey

Unknown said...

Great idea. It looks wonderful.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh - I love this! Great job!
Melissa
craftygator.blogspot.com