Friday, August 26, 2011

Notebook Paper T-Shirt: Guest Designer Spot at The Crafting Misfit

Today I am so happy to be a guest designer for the Show and Tell over at The Crafting Misfit blog.  Be sure to hop over to visit her blog and link up a project to share in her Show and Tell Link Party here http://craftingmisfit.blogspot.com/

For my project, I decided to make Kaylee a notebook paper t-shirt.  Here is what the t-shirt looked like when finished.  See below for a full tutorial.
I started out by using three sharpies to add lines to a plain white t-shirt.  Using a ruler to keep the lines straight, you will need to add the red line first.  Next, add the blue lines and the black circles.  Because you are using sharpies, you will have to heat set this.  To do so, I put the shirt in the dryer on the highest heat setting for about 45 minutes.
After it was heat set, I used the Batman Cricut Cartridge to cut a vinyl stencil for the shirt that says K is for Kaylee.

Next, I used black fabric paint to fill in the stencil.  I added about 3 coats of the black to make sure it was solid.

After the paint had dried, I removed the vinyl and my shirt was finished. 

I hand washed this shirt the first time I washed it to make sure the sharpie was not going to bleed.  The heat setting should prevent this, but I wanted to make sure.  Thanks so much for stopping by today and thanks again to The Crafting Misfit for having me as a Guest Designer. 

8 comments:

Doris P. said...

I would have never thought of markers and then drying it would be okay... TFS.. This gives me some cute ideas!!
parkernana5@cox.net

Besthobbyeva said...

Oh my Jean. This is sooooo adorable and clever!!! Your niece is one lucky girl to get all your projects!!! Great, great work!!

Laurie

Angi Barrs said...

WOW WOW WOW...This is sooooo CRAFTY CLEVER! Love this Jean. You have the best ideas ever!!! Hugs. :)

Rhonda Emery said...

this is so super cute love love it

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Jean that is so cool!! I have not used vinyl for stencils before but I'll have to try this. Great job on the shirt.

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, my sweet friend, I'm just never disappointed when I visit you and I always wonder what "shocker" you'll have to share!!! You make me either smile or laugh, and I must say this t-shirt definitely has a smile on my face -- it's really cute!

You're just too much, my friend!

Running Turtle said...

You are always coming up with something new and cute!
TinaB

Lisa said...

Super cute t-shirt.