Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Smores Layout: CWC Challenge: Design Team Project

It's Wednesday again and time for a new challenge over at Cooking with Cricut.  This week our challenge is Smores.  You will need to use you Cricut and create a project with a smores theme or using the elements of smores.  Be sure to stop by and check out all of the projects by the design team and enter the challenge here: http://www.cookingwithcricut.com/.

For my layout, I started out with a dark blue sheet of paper so that it would look like the night sky.  I then used the Campin Critters Cartridge for the little guy and added some google eyes, a hand drawn mouth, white stich lines and a little bit of brown accents to the marshmallow so it would look like it was being roasted.  I used the Create a Critter Cartridge for the fire and used some glitter pens to make the flames look sparkly.  For the title I used 3 Birds on Parade and then using the same colors I cut a frame and layer with Gypsy Wanderings.  Finally, I used the I-Rock to add some small rhinestones for stars around the page.


I am entering this into the following challenge:
Getting Scrappy Challenge: The Taste of Summer: http://amandascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Jean, I love this!!! I'm in hysterics over that adorable little porcupine roasting his marshmallow!!! This is too cute!

Good luck in the challenge, this is a winner!!!

Faith Abigail Designs said...

How adorable! I love this.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute! Love the touch of stars!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

too stinking cute love it.

Angi Barrs said...

I love smores. This is soooo cute. :)

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

That is so cute. Great font and love the stitching.

Amanda said...

Oh Jean, your layout is adorable.. I just love the little porcupine roasting his marshmallow.. Thank you for always the time to participate in my "Getting Scrappy Challenges".. I hope you will join in on the new challenge this week..

Scrappy Hugs,
Amanda:0)