Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fruit Ninja Layout

So, I am sure some of you have played the Fruit Ninja game on the iPad.  Well, it is now on the Xbox Kinect and my family is loving it.  If you haven't heard of it, it is where you slice the fruit up as it flies on the screen and try to get the highest score.  I thought it would be funny to make a layout and then take a picture of Kaylee playing it for the scrapbook.  I don't have the pic of here yet, but I finished the layout up last night.

I used the Lettering Delights Ninja Kicks svg set for the ninja and sword.  The font for the title is called Gates of 3 (just did an internet search for the Fruit Ninja font).  For the fruit, I used the following Cricut Cartridges:
Simply Charmed - watermelons and lemons, Create a Critter - bananas and apples, Serenade - pears, and Spongebob - pineapples.  I used a white gel pen and a brown color pencil to add some details to the fruit and I cut one of the watermelons in half so it would look like the ninja was slicing it.

I am adding this to the following challenges:
Whimsical Wednesday: Sense of Humor: http://whimsicalwednesdays.blogspot.com/
My Craft Spot: Hot, Bright Colors: http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/

21 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, how cute!!! I'm just loving this adorable little ninja!!! Did your hubby like his i-pod case?

Lisa Norris said...

Sooo cute...I just LOVE that Ninja!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

I'm gonna have to try this game for sure. Sounds like fun. Love your adorable page.

Doris P. said...

sense of humor - it is!! LOVE the pun of it! such a cute ninja!
parkernana5@cox.net

Nanne said...

oh that is super cute and luv the halved watermelon, nice detail...
thnx for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays.
hugs
Nanné

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Super cute!! I love Ninja - how fun! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

OMG This is so funny! My girls were just playing this on Kinect and they love it! I love watching how silly they look from behind!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Amy C said...

So fun!! I love the details you added to the fruit. Thanks for linking up this week at My Craft Spot.

Hugs,
Amy
Scrapping Mommy

Joy said...

Cute ! That Ninja is adorable ! Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
Joy

Rhonda Emery said...

now this makes me laugh. how cute. tfs.

*Star said...

What a cute layout!This really made me smile as my husband loves to play that game on his phone. I love the font you used on the title and the ninja is adorable. Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday. :)

Cely said...

epically awesome! :)

Kate said...

This is such a fun idea and it turned out so well! That font is perfect! I'm glad you found it!
Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

MyCuriousCrafts said...

OMGoodness, what a super, super cute card...love it. FABULOUS! ~Shen

Cindy Beland said...

Such a FUN layout!Super cute idea,I LOVE the sweet little Ninja!Thanks so much for playing along at Whimsical Wednesdays!:)

Cathryn said...

Soooo Cute!!! Great job on this layout. I'm sure your niece's picture will just add to the cuteness!! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! Hugs, Cathryn :)

jessica said...

LOL! This is excellent! I love the ninja and the fruit is adorable! Excellent job!!
TFS and playing along with us over at Whimsical Wednesdays :)

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea! That little ninja is so funny standing there with his sword just waiting to slice up the food. I think it is so super sweet that you scrapbook photo's of your niece. I am sure she is going to love it. ;) Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays.

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Hehe...such a fun LO! The ninja looks awesome! It is going to look great in her album! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!
Amber

Valerie said...

That is an awesome idea, we love fruit ninja!

Carlene said...

bahahahahahahah!!! I dont know the game but I love this layout!!! Thanks for the giggle over at Whimsical Wednesday!