Thursday, July 1, 2010

50th Birthday "Mint" Bucket


I wanted to do something different for my mom other than 50 sucks like I made for my dad last year. I originally was going to put 50 is cool with the york peppermint patties, but my husband came up with the saying that I used. I wanted to have 50 items, but did not have enough room for 50 patties, so I used 20 patties and 30 peppermints. The patties are on scalloped circles that I punched with a 1 7/8 inch punch and I printed out the shape and sentiment on the computer. It says: "You are still in "Mint" Condition, Even if you are half a century Old. Happy 50th Birthday!" We wanted it to be a funny saying, so this worked. I did not use the hippo on this one, even though he has been my theme, but I did try to use the same colors that I have been using on the hippo items.

6 comments:

goatesgirl said...

WHAT A CUTE SAYING AND IDEA...IF YOU ARE WANTING TO FIT A HIPPO IN HERE, WHY NUT CUT IN VINYL AND PUT ON THE POT...LOVE IT

Jean said...

Good idea with the vinyl.

Rhonda Emery said...

very clever and cute idea

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, I LOVE this!!! You always come up with a winner!!!

Kim Wilson said...

Wow you have been busy girl :) I missed u this week :) Hope you can play along next week and thank you for the sweet comment!

scrappinlil said...

Very cute...I love this idea...I might have to scraplift this for my mom....I am now a follower too. TFS