Friday, July 30, 2010

Candy Apple


I really liked this picture of Kaylee and her mom with this candy apple, so I wanted to make a page with only the one pic on there. I used this cute patterned paper that I picked up at Michael's for the background and matted my picture in the green with white polka dots paper that I got from Hobby Lobby. I put a larger frame around the picture than I usually would, but I wanted the green to stand out. The letters are green with polka dot stickers that I also found at HL. (They have lots of colors and I think they work well with many layouts) Anyways, the apple was cut from the Carousel Lite Cartridge. Once cut, I colored the stick in, did some shading on the shadow part and then covered the entire apple with glossy accents. This worked just how I wanted and made the apple look shiny like a real candy apple. (I had to let this dry overnight, because there was a large area covered by the glossy accents.)
Update: Aug. 2nd, I am adding this page to the FC challenge for this week. The challenge is barbeque or summer foods. I thought how summer is a candy apple! Be sure to check out their site here: http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Mrs. Warcup said...

I love this page! I may have to scraplift this for my candy apple I had at the fair this year! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

Jean, I LOVE that apple! That looks yummy enough to eat!!!! GREAT job!!

Rhonda Emery said...

your layout is great. that apple looks good enough to eat. great as always.

Joanna said...

Love that big candy apple..I might have to get that cart now! ;p

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

That LO is fun to look at. Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB. Looks like a fun cartridge.

Stampleigh said...

Oh wow! It looks good enough to eat! Great job! Thanks for playing at Fantabulous this week! Leigh

Angi Barrs said...

Wow....love the colors. This is super duper cute. Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut!

Candace Pelfrey said...

This is great!! I love that apple. Thanks for joining us at FCCB! :)

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

What a fantastic take on the challenge! Great picture too and I love your choice of papers.Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut!

Maria Elena said...

So Yummy that LO !!! Love the colors...Good luck!
Have a great Saturday.
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

so cute and YUM !!! what a sweet treat!

Sherri said...

Lovely project! The green is so vibrant!

Thanks for being "Fantabulous!"

Lori (THCEO) said...

Adorable! What a great layout...makes me want a caramel apple!!! :) Thanks for playing along with us this week at FCCB!