Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Guess Whooo Graduated?




I made the title for this layout using the Don Juan cart and welding the letters together with the Gypsy. The branches are from the Live Simply cart and I embossed them with branches and then used Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink on them. The owls were actually some patches that I have had sitting around for over a year and finally found a use for them on this layout. The little hats I added to them are from the Locker Talk cart and I used the white opaque pen on them. I was trying to keep this page sort of simple and have the title as the main detail on the page. I think it turned out cute.

A quick tip for you guys, I used Joint Tape to lay out the words on and then put my adhesive on the back and layed them on the page. This way, I could line them up how I wanted and the joint tape comes right off without messing up your cuts or leaving them sticky. You can find it at Walmart in the paint department.

3 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

such a cute layout. great job

Valerie said...

Darling layout!!What a creative way to use patches.

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, I love all your layouts!