Thursday, July 29, 2010

SOUS Layouts




I am still not feeling 100%, but I thought I would get up and try to work on some layouts. I used the sketch from Stuck on U Sketches for these layouts. http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.com/ I flipped it for one page so that I could do a 2 page 12x12 layout using the sketch on each page.

The pictures are from when Kaylee, her mom and one of my other sisters went to Gatlinburg last weekend. I used the Gypsy to layout the sketch and cut all of my paper pieces and then I used Zooballoo for the vines that I cut. They were inked using Tim Holtz stained walnet distressing ink and a fantastix coloring tool. The letters on the page are stickers. I was thinking there was too much green and similarity with the papers I layered in the background at first, but I like how it came together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean...glad you are getting better...that sounded like one ugly day, huh?

Wonderful pages. Love the paper and the cut vine, looks like they belong together! I like this tone on tone, keeps it about the photos.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Jean, how sweet you are to scrap for your niece! Love that you made this one a 2 pager! I think the colors are perfect for your scenery pix. I loved this sketch myself and could do it multiple times! Thanks for playing with us this week. And hope you get to feeling 100% soon.