Friday, July 30, 2010

Crayon Wreath



Well, I have seen a few of these on the internet and I thought I would give it a try. I made this for Kaylee's new first grade teacher. The base of this is the inside of two crotchet hoops (8inch and 12inch). I purchased three boxes of 24 crayons, however, I only used a little over 2. I chose not to use the white, black or brown from each box. If you used those, you could make it with 2 boxes.

I began by painting the crotchet hoops red and letting them dry. Then I layed the smaller one in the center of the bigger one and laid my crayons out how I wanted them to be on the wreath. Next, I hot glued the crayons down. I added the ribbon around the edge of the crayons by securing one end with a glue dot and then just looping it in and out around the edge and securing the end again. The apple is a wooden shape that the name was painted on and I tied the bow from the same ribbon I used to make the hoop for her to hang it up with. All items are hot glued to make sure they will hold tight.
Update 8/7: I am entering this in the back to school challenge on My Sheri Crafts. http://myshericrafts.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-sheri-crafts-challenge-17-back-to.html

13 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

too adorable. great project. love it

Mrs. Warcup said...

This is such a great idea! I'm sure her new teacher will love it! You did an awesome job!

Angi Barrs said...

This is soooo cute. A perfect gift idea for a teacher.

Dorcas said...

So going to scrap lift! This is awesome!!! TFS!!

~Dorcas

Mad Fat Girl said...

LOVE IT!

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

WOW! This is so awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at myshericrafts!

Unknown said...

YOu did a great JOB

Adrian said...

too cute!

P.G. Lamb said...

What a nifty idea for a teacher's present! I love this!

suevan911 said...

What an adorable idea...love it!!!

Judie said...

Jean, what an absolutely awesome idea. Love it!

Raquel said...

LOVE this idea! My daughter wants me to make her one now :)

Lisa said...

What a beautiful wreath.