Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cooking with Cricut Challenge 26: Easter: Design Team Project

It's Wednesday again, and time for a new challenge over at Cooking with Cricut.  This week, we are challenging you to use your Cricut and make an Easter project.  Be sure to check out all of the other projects by the design team and enter the challenge here: http://www.cookingwithcricut.com/ .

For my project, I decided to make an Easter sign.  I went with a bunny theme and the word hop.
To make this, I started out with some chipboard letters from Hobby Lobby and Krylon Satin Finish purple sray paint.

After the paint had dried, I used white vinyl and cut some circles out using the George and Basic Shapes Cartridge for the letters.  I then used hot glue to attach the letters together.  I wanted to add a little bit more stability, so I added some dowels to the back to give it extra support.


Now I was ready to add my bunnies.  I wanted to do something a little different for each letter.  For the H, I cut my bunny out from the Paper Doll Dress Up Cartridge and then attached him to the H with hot glue.  I wanted his hands to be sitting on the middle of the H.

For the O, I used the Birthday Bash cartridge to cut a bunny to be sitting in the center of the O.

Finally, for the P, I decided to make a little bunny that was hanging on the side of the letter.  I used the Create a Critter Cartridge for this bunny.


I am also entering this into the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown: Polka Dots: http://tuesdaythrowdown.blogspot.com/
Wacky Wednesday at More than Favors: Easter: http://morethanfavors.blogspot.com/


9 comments:

Besthobbyeva said...

Jean this is absolutely adorable and I bet you had a great time creating it! I love the bunnies they are so darn cute!

Laurie

Jen said...

So cute! What a wonderful idea, Jean!

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww so cute. Love the polka dots. :)

2 Ducky said...

So cheerful and cute! Love it!

rosebudinnh said...

love it so SpRiNgYYYY...........

Charlotte said...

Hi Jean! This is just tooooooo suuuuuuuuper cute!!!! I am loving it!

Anonymous said...

Love it...and will make one for next year.
TFS
PJ(Jessie Adams)

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a great idea and it looks fabulous!

Stacey~ CWC DT
http://staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, girlfriend where in the world do all these great ideas come from?!!! These letters spelling "hop" are so polka-dot cute!!!