Friday, April 22, 2011

A couple of Owl Sewing Projects

I have a couple of sewing projects to share with you all today.  You know I love owls, so I am sure it is no surprise that I would be using my new sewing machine to make owl projects, lol.  They are not perfect, but I am pleased with them since I have only been sewing a short while now.

First, I made this owl pin cushion.  I found a video with instructions for this on the DIY network page.
Next, I decided to try my hand at a purse and found the cutest owl fabric at Hobby Lobby.  I couldn't find a pattern for a purse exactly like I wanted, so I kind of winged this.  It is similar to a hobo bag. 
Earlier this week, my sister took me to a fabric outlet in Tennessee, and I got these little iron on patches that say Created by, so I put one of those inside the purse on the liner part.

6 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, these are GREAT projects!!! That little owl is just so sweet and adorable!

Kate said...

What super projects!! Your bag is fantastic and that little patch inside is SUCH a great idea!! Your pin cushion is adorable. I love the way the owl's feet dangle down. SO cute!!

Valerie said...

Wonderful sewing crafts!! Happy Easter to you and your family:)

Stacy said...

Jean,
You are going great with all of your sewing projects. My first one was a purse as well
Hugs,
Stacy

Jennie Garcia said...

That is awesome!! I loved the projects!! I want to sew so bad!! I'm not very good at it :( I would love to give these a try!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Your owl pincushion is adorable!!!! I would love that little guy perched on my sewing table. Sew cute!!!
Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog)