Friday, April 1, 2011

Chalkboard Egg

I got this idea to make a chalkboard egg from http://thegreenbeanscrafterole.blogspot.com/.  I decided to use the colored chalkboard paint for mine.  I am going to put this in Kaylee's Easter Basket.  I drew a little funny face on the egg. :)
To make this, I started with a Paper Mache egg from Hobby Lobby and Pink Chalkboard paint that also came from Hobby Lobby.
When using the chalkboard paint, you have to use two coats.  You will paint one coat vertically (let it dry) and then paint a second coat horizontally (let it dry).

Once it is completely dry, you can then start to draw on the painted egg. 

5 comments:

greenbean said...

oh my gersh!...love it!...i'd be in a whole lotta trouble with colored chalkboard paint!...lol...

Audrey Frelx said...

Cute!

2 Ducky said...

So adorable!

Rhonda Emery said...

so cute jean love it. I need you to do me a favor and email me something a hi or something. ha my husband has erased all my emails while making his system better. ha
whoops. thanks hugs

Chalkboards said...

I love these fabulous eggs painted with chalkboard paint.