Thursday, March 31, 2011

Easter Egg Wreath

I bought a ton of those glitter eggs from the Dollar Tree last month when they first put them out and finally got around to making my egg wreath yesterday afternoon.  Love the colors on this, because it looks so springy!!

To make this, you will need:
Eggs (mine came from the dollar store), Wreath Base, Ribbon, Stick Pins, Hot Glue, Scissors and Cricut Cuts if you want to embellish it.

I started out by wrapping my wreath in ribbon and using the stick pins to secure it in place.  This way, if you can see through some of the eggs, you won't just see the base of the wreath.

Next, I removed the eggs from the sticks they were on and layed them out to get an idea of how I would place them on the wreath.

Once I was happy with that, I used hot glue and began to place them around the wreath.  Here is that in progress.

Once all of my eggs were glued on (I used two bags each of the large, medium and small sized eggs from the Dollar Tree), I added some ribbon to the back to make a hanger.  (You could leave the wreath like this if you wanted and it would be fine)

I did want to dress mine up a little more, so I added a premade bunny diecut and used the Cricut Cartridges Jubilee and Designer's Calendar to make a little banner that said Easter.  I hot glued these directly to the wreath.

I am entering this into the following challenges:
My Sheri Crafts: Spring: http://myshericrafts.blogspot.com/
Serenity Scrappers: Pastel Colors: http://serenityscrappers.blogspot.com/
Creative Cutter Room: Spring: http://www.creativecutter.org/
Fantabulous Cricut: Looks like Spring: http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/

I am linking this up here:
craft

21 comments:

Cathie Rigby said...

HOW CUTE IS THIS! What a great idea to make your own holiday wreath. Thanks for the steps-can't wait to make one with the kids. Cathie www.creativecutter.org

Saundra said...

This so cute, Jean! Definately says Easter! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

Running Turtle said...

Super cute and creative!!
TinaB

Nicole said...

So Cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the contest.
I think you've got an excellent chance at winning - the wreath is lovely.
PJ(Jessie Adams)

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

This is SO cute! I wanted to do one but never seem to have time?? Yours is great! Thanks for joining us!

Rhonda Emery said...

jean everything you do is so wonderful. This happens to be so darn cute. hugs

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun! Thank you for joining us at Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri

Maquel said...

Egg-cellent project!! I just love it! So cute and happy! Happy Spring and thanks for joining us at FCCB!!

Maquel
http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

BugBites said...

Super cute!! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB

Monica said...

OMG Super cute!!! Definitely springy!!! Love it!!

Stacy said...

Jean,
This is adorable. The colors just scream spring.
Great job
Hugs,
Stacy

Besthobbyeva said...

So cute thanks for joining our challenge!! So fun!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Ooooooh, this is just so cute!!! How adorable are all those spring colors too!

Unknown said...

AWWWW! I love it! Great job! Thaks for playing along with us this week over at FCCB!

Valerie said...

Love your wreath, you have got some awesome Easter crafts!

Dana said...

Very nice project. I like that you used different size eggs. Thanks for playing at FCCB.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Marlene said...

Absolutely LOVE IT! Thanks for showing us how to put one together. I hope my Dollar Tree has some eggs left. Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

Marlene
FCCB & Birthday Sundaes DT Member

Larelyn said...

What a wonderful Easter decoration. Thanks for sharing at FCCB.

Lisa Norris said...

OMG!!! This is just sooooo adorable! Thanks for playing along this week at FCCB!

Lisa N.
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Megan said...

this is so cute. I love the colors.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com