Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cooking with Cricut Challenge 20: Spring Forward: Design Team Project

It's time for another challenge over at Cooking with Cricut.  This week, our theme is Spring Forward and you need to make a project that includes a clock or timepiece on it.  Also, be sure to use your Cricut.  Be sure to check out all of the design team projects and get your own project entered here: http://www.cookingwithcricut.blogspot.com/

For my project, I decided to make a layout.  I used quite a bit of cartridges for this layout.  I used the Create a Critter Cartridge for the grass (which I chalked) and for the worm (which was cut with glitter cardstock).  The flowers were premade out of felt that I added to the bottom and I also added some ladybug and bee stickers around the flower area.  Next, I used the Simply Charmed cartridge for the bird (cut out of glitter paper and outlined in black).  For my time piece, I used Designer's Calendar to cut the clock face and hands.  Instead of making it a regular clock, I made a section for each of the seasons on the clock.  Finally, I used Storybook for the frame and Once Upon a Princess for the title. 


I am also entering this into the Creative Sister's Challenge - Think Spring - You can find the challenge here: http://www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Jen said...

Jean, this is too cute! I love bright and cheery layouts and I can't believe those flowers are felt, they look like patterned paper.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Patti Ross said...

WOW - What a great project...just love this! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Sisters Monday Challenge!

Patti ross
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Besthobbyeva said...

This is adorable!

Valerie said...

Very creative, the little spinner could be used for all seasons!!

Rhonda Emery said...

really cute layout.

Nicole said...

What a fun layout. Love how you have the bird carrying the clock!
~Nicole CWC DT

Charlotte said...

Hi Jean, This is an adorable LO. I love the glitter paper you used for that cute little bird. And those felt flower are great!! I am going to have to use the frame cut you have here in the LO. I love it!!

Audrey Frelx said...

So cute and so makes me yearn for spring!