Friday, March 4, 2011

Shamrock Layout for a few challenges

I finally made a St. Patrick's Day layout.  I have been loving all of the shamrock things that are out at the stores this year, so I knew I wanted to make a layout with some shamrocks on it.  I decided to dress them up a little.  I told my hubby they were shamrocks ready for a night on the town, lol.  (He just laughed at me)

I used the Paper Dolls Dress Up Cartridge for the shamrocks and the top hats, and then I used Storybook for the font.  I decided to go with the title "A Wee Bit Irish" for my layout.  I got this cute little hat from Party City that says that on it, so that was my inspiration for the title.  I added little bowties and google eyes to the shamrocks.  Finally, I outlined the shamrocks and frame in black and then added a shamrock button to the corner of the photo area.

I am entering this layout into a few challenges:
Celebrate the Occassion - Any occassion using green, white and another color - You can find the blog here: http://celebratetheoccasion.blogspot.com/
The Paper Variety - Use atleast 50% Green - You can find the blog here: http://thepapervariety.blogspot.com/
Paper Cutz - St. Patrick's Day - You can find the blog here: http://papercutzchallenge.blogspot.com/
Crazy about Cricut Thankful Thursday - Green Project/St. Patrick's Day - You can find the blog here: http://www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/
SmartBuyGal Forum March Challenge - Go Green - You can find the forum here: http://www.smartbuygal.com/

21 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

this is super cute love the bright green

Audrey Frelx said...

Really cute, Jean, and I just love the adorable little faces on the shamrocks! Good luck in the challenge(s)...LOL!

Melissa said...

This is too cute, I just love those little shamrocks, just adorable! Thanks so much for Celebrating the Occasion with us!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

So cute with there hat and bow tie!! Thanks for joining us this week at CTO :)

mindy gallagher said...

love the googly eyes on the shamrock dudes :D thanks for playing along with us at TPV!!

girlia said...

Love it. Truly adorable shamrocks. Thanks for playing with us this week at CTO

GiGi said...

That is so cute! I love the eyes on the shamrocks! Thanks for playing at CTO!

Lisa Norris said...

Ha! I love the shamrocks with the top hats and bow ties! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CTO!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

XXOO AMY said...

such cute little shamrocks! love it! thanks for playing along with us at TPV!

Adrian said...

The top hats r so adorable! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great lay-out! Super cute!

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This is adorable! I love the shamrocks little accessories and the faces! Nice job! Thanks for celebrating the occasion with us!

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

Great Layout!! -Paper Panther CTO DT
purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great JOB! thanks for playing with us at CTO.

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

What a cute sentiment! I love the fun little shamrocks! Thanks for playing along with us at CTO!

♥ Rayna
http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com/

crazyaboutcricut said...

This is gorgeous! Love the googly eyes. Thank you so much for joining the Thankful Thursday challenge :o)

Aim said...

YAY!! A layout!! :) Love your shamrock border and the GREAT title!! I'm a wee bit Irish too ;) and I love that you made a LO for the challenge!! Thanks so much for joining us at CTO this week!!

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Those dressed up shamrocks are so cute!! The googly eyes are adorable!

Thanks for sharing and for joining the Thankful Thursday Challenge,
DT member, Cheryl

Linda said...

That layout is just too fun!! Googly eyes are my fave!! :) Thanks for stopping by & joining us at CTO!! :)
Linda
www.fancyframework.com

DIANA L. said...

What a super cute card love those shamrock faces!!!!!!! Thanks for joineing us at CTO
I have a give away over on my blog you might be interested
http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Laverne said...

Just adorable...the faces are too cute! Thanks for Celebrating The Occasion with us!