Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cooking with Cricut Challenge 21: Green Scene: Design Team Project

This week over at Cooking with Cricut, our challenge is Green Scene.  You need to use atleast 2 different shades of green in your project and also use your Cricut.  Be sure to check out all of the design team projects and enter the challenge here: http://cookingwithcricut.blogspot.com/

For my layout, I used many different shades of green.  I also decided to use the challenge name as the title for my layout.  I used the following cartridges: Create a Critter for the turtle, Simply Charmed for the hat, Paper Doll Dress Up for the shamrocks, Storybook for the title and George and Basic Shapes for the frame around the title.  I matted my photo area and outlined everything with a green sharpie.  I also added stickles to two of the shamrocks in the color lime green.  Finally, I added some faux stitching to the turtle.  I used the Gypsy to weld the shamrock shapes to the turtle's shell.

11 comments:

Aim said...

What a happy page!! I love the hat on your turtle! :) TFS!! And thanks for visiting me ... I appreciate your kind comment and time!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Stacy said...

Jean,
This is adorable. I love the turtle with the shamrocks
Hugs
Stacy

Running Turtle said...

I LOVE Turtles... so this is just wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!!
Tina B

Angi Barrs said...

Awww super adorable. Love the clovers on the cute turtle. :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Cute! Love the turtle!!!

Maria Elena said...

This super cute Jean ! thanks for sharing with us at CWC
Have a great Wednesday ;-)
Maria Elena ~ CWC DT
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Adorable LO, Jean! Love that turtle -- so cute!

~ Jen

Debbie H said...

What a cute page, I really like what you did with the turtle, cute!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So super cute! Love his little hat~

Ronnie said...

so darn cute...love it
Ronnie

Rhonda Emery said...

love how you made all that green look great. love the turtle another great layout.