Monday, March 21, 2011

Owl Tray

I went to the thrift store earlier today and found a cabinet door that was only $2.  I immediately thought that I would love to use it to make a tray.  So, after I left there, I headed to Home Depot which is right near the store to pick up two handles.  I found these that I used for $1 each.  I used a ruler to line the handles up on each side and used hot glue to attach them.  I used vinyl in various colors to cut the scene for the center area of my tray.  I used the following Cricut Cartridges: Gypsy Font for the name, Serenade for the branch, and Create a Critter for the owl.  I did not cut all of the layers of the owl, because I wanted to make it more simple.  Because this is a cabinet door, it is very sturdy and should hold up really well.  (I am hoping I might be able to find some more of these, because they would make great gifts.)

Here is a picture of how it looked to begin with.

I am entering this into the following challenges:
K Andrew's Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky: Winged Thing: You can find her here: http://www.gettingcricky.com/2011/03/simply-sunday-challenge-all-flutter.html

Etsy Inspired Challenge: EIC #131 {Dollbirdies} (my inspiration used below): You can find them here:
http://etsyinspired.blogspot.com/
Dollbirdies has many owl things in her shop and I love them all :), but I chose this as my inspiration:

13 comments:

Christy said...

That is very cute and very creative. I love the color. TFS!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great finds! Love what you created with it!

Unknown said...

So cute! I love it!

Besthobbyeva said...

Anything with and Owl is awesome! You are so clever with your projects. Such a great idea!

Laurie

Jade said...

I left you something on my blog today! Be sure to stop by and pick it up! www.thescrapyardrose.com

2 Ducky said...

Genius! Love the bright pink with the white too.

Rhonda Emery said...

great job love it

Stacy said...

Jean,
This is so cute, it turned out great
Hugs
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Jean,
you know the way to my heart for sure--sneaky! hahah! I love this owl project.
It's so insanely creative that you could "see" this project by looking at a cabinet door!
BRILLIANT!
Thank you for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge.

All the Cricky Best,
K Andrew

de said...

Oh what an adorable idea! I am groovin on this!

Thanks for playing EtysInspired this week!

Queenie said...

This is an AMAZING idea and VALUE!!! Totally love love love the tray idea!! PRECIOUS! Thanks for playing EIC with us this week!

Ruby said...

Oh how fun!!!! Lovely project! Thanks for playing along with us at EIC this week!

auntie said...

Very cute!!