Saturday, March 5, 2011

Clone Trooper Art / Andy Warhol Style

Today, I decided to make another Andy Warhol style painting.  This time, I wanted to do something with Clone Trooper Helmets.   Of course, once the artwork was finished, I had to get a local Storm Trooper to hold it for my photo, lol.

To make this, I started out with a piece of 16x20 Canson Art Board.  My hubby helped out by making the lines with a pencil for the grids while I was cutting the images out.  I selected my paint that matched the papers I was using, they are Pool Blue, Bright Yellow and Valentine Pink.

For the clone troopers, I used an SVG cut that came from Kristen on the svgcuts.com forum.  Once I cut the bases out, I layed them down on the grids to determine what color needed to be painted in each background.

To finish this, I painted the board.  (I erased the pencil lines as I was filling in each square)  Then, I put my clone troopers together and attached them to the art board.


I am entering this into the challenge at PaperCraft Star Challenge that is to use a Book, Movie or Song as inspiration.  Of course, Star Wars is the inspiration here.  You can find the blog here: http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/

This also falls into the colors for this week's challenge at Off the Wall Craftiness, so I am entering it over there.  The inspiration colors and photo are below and you can find the blog here: http://offthewallcraftiness.blogspot.com/

And, I am linking this up here:
Party Buttoncraft



14 comments:

Minta's Creations said...

Love your clone trooper art..I love this! if the colors were a little different then I could make a star wars layout too...You did an awesome job..
Hugs,
Minta

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

check out my blog. I have a giveaway going on.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Wow, I love it! What a fun take on the Warhol paintings! Thank you for joining us at Papercraft Star this week!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very cool!

♥Jan♥ said...

Really fun, and REALLY different !! Hope you will frame it, to go with your SW posters I see in the photo. (I can never hear that song without thinking of Bill Murray on SNL, singing "words" to it in his lounge act, sooooooo bad.)
Thanks for joining us this week at Papercraft Star, what a cool entry !

Lisa Norris said...

What a fun idea! The possiblities are endless!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

What a great project!!! Love your little Storm Trooper too...lol!

Georgiana said...

I know a bunch of people that would love this. They are big Star Wars fans.

Great job,
Georgiana

Besthobbyeva said...

Wow, wee! This so much fun. Both my boys are HUGE Star Wars fans and I am sure they would approve!!

Laurie

Rhonda Emery said...

tfs this is so great.

Unknown said...

So neat!!! Great job! Off to check out the rest of your blog but you definitely have a new follower! Would love it if you'd come visit my blog sometime!

Valerie said...

This is awesome, I want one for my room!!

Charlotte said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!! I just love that Andy Warhol. He had his own style and was true to himself. I did a card last month in this style and it is still one of my favorites.

These storm troopers are so cute!!!! You need to frame this. Hey it would fit in great with that Campbell's Soup Can, one of Andy Warhol's greatest works of art. The colors you have used are terrific. Jean, I always like to see your projects. They are fabulous!!!!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this....this is pure awesomeness!!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Love the storm trooper idea! What a fun and unique way to use this weeks colors at OTWC. Thanks so much for playing.