Friday, March 18, 2011

Admit One Ticket Bowl

I have seen these on the internet in the past, and I really wanted to give this a try.  It was easier than I thought it would be and only took about a half hour total.  I love how it turned out.  I will be making more of these as gifts.

To make this bowl, I started by getting a roll of tickets from Staples.  (You can also find these at Party City)  This is a roll of 2000 tickets.  I then got a piece of corkboard and used a black marker to outline the circle in the center of the ticket roll.


Next, I was ready to shape the bowl. You will need to start at the top and pull the tickets down slowly into the shape that you are wanting.  If you don't get it how you like the first time, you can reshape it into a roll and start over.  (Make sure you have the words facing the correct direction while you are shaping the bowl)

Once you have the shape you are looking for, you need to cut out the cork circle and hot glue it into the bottom of the bowl.

Now, you are ready to seal the bowl.  You will need to use Hard Coat Mod Podge.  I began by adding two coats (make sure it dries completely between each coat) over the outside of the bowl.  (Do not apply the Mod Podge to the ticket area with words yet)

Once the coats are dry, turn the bowl over and apply two coats around the rim where the tickets with words are.  Once those coats have dried, apply one thin layer of the hard coat mod podge to the inside of the bowl.

Here is a picture of the bowl holding a few movies.  This would make a good gift filled with movies and some snacks.

I am linking this up here:
craft

8 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Jean, I've seen those too! Yours came out great!!!

Running Turtle said...

I have never seen these before, and what a CLEVER idea!! What an awesome way to give movies or popcorn or movie candy...etc... just fabulous! I may scraplift! Thanks!
TinaB

LesleyfromWI said...

This is fantastic. I love it and need to give it a try. TFS

Stacy said...

Jean,
What a great idea, I love it. I am definately going to have to try these
Hugs
stacy

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very cool, I have never seen this before!

a little bit of everything said...

So clever!

Jennifer said...

What a clever and fun idea. Plus, hard coat mod podge? I didn't know they made that! I featured you today on my favorite things :)

http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-favorite-things_28.html

Lisa said...

Some of those flicks in there are really good.