Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cooking with Cricut Challenge 19: Double Take: Design Team Project

This week at Cooking with Cricut, our challenge is Double Take.  You will need to use 2 patterned papers, 2 cardstock papers, and 2 embellishments.  Be sure to check out all of the Design Team projects and get your own project entered here: http://www.cookingwithcricut.blogspot.com/

For my project, I decided to make a basketball layout.  For my 2 cardstock papers - I started with a base piece of orange and then used the Batman Cricut Cartridge to cut the title out of black cardstock.  For my patterned papers, I used a basketball sheet for the photo area and I also used a piece of paper with a basketball texture to cut the heart in my title from the George and Basic Shapes Cricut Cartridge.  Then, I used Everyday Paperdolls Cricut Cartridge to cut the ball player and goal, Basketball Cartridge for the ball and finally, I added a ribbon tied in a bow around the bottom of the picture area.

12 comments:

Besthobbyeva said...

What an adorable page! I love the little lady playing ball and she holding the basketball. Too cute!!

Laurie

Jen said...

Cute LO, Jean! I love the heart shaped basketball, too cute!

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

really cute love the heart shaped basketball.

Audrey Frelx said...

So cute, Jean!

Melissa said...

Jean ~ Your layout turned out cute. Love the basketball paper! I hop you can join Amanda and I again this Saturday for another Scrappy Saturday with the Bug Challenge!

Anita said...

Jean, this layout is really cute! Love those carts. Great job on this weeks challenge! Hugs, Anita

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun! Great paper!

Rhonda Emery said...

I have a award for you to pick up on my blog hugs

Tracey said...

Love the basket ball paper used with the heart...Great Layout!

Stacy said...

Jean,
This is super cute. I love everything about it
Hugs
Stacy

Nicole said...

Nice job! I love how you used the basketball paper for the heart. TFS
~Nicole CWC DT

Maria Elena said...

Great LO Jean !
Thanks for sharing with us this week at CWC
Have a great Friday ;-)
Maria Elena.- CWC DT
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/