Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Teacher Clock

I got this idea from Diary of a Crafty Lady.  She made the cutest clocks for teacher appreciation gifts.  She actually made 40 of them.  After seeing them, I thought it would be a really cute idea to make for Kaylee to give her teacher for Teacher Appreciation Day.

I started out with one of the $4 clocks from Walmart.
I took the back off and removed the glass from the front.  (I also had to remove the clock hands as well, but must have taken the picture before that)

Next, I used a pencil to mark where the numbers were before I covered them up with my paper. These marks will be covered up once you put the face back on, so it will make it easier to place the items correctly by making these marks.

I used the George and Basic Shapes cartridge to cut a circle out of lined paper to fit in the center of my clock.  I then used the Crop a Dile Big Bite to punch the hole in the center.  Finally, I used the Don Juan cartridge to cut the teacher's name out of black vinyl.  I used a tape runner on the back of the circle and then pressed it firmly into the clock before adding the objects.  All of the objects were hot glued down to make sure they would stay secure.
I did also have to cut the hands down a little to ensure they would fit around each of the items.  I cut them down and then tested it before putting the clock back together.  Out of all the items in the clock, the little scissors are my favorite (they came out of a mini sewing kit from the Dollar Store).

11 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This came out so cute, she is sure to love it!

Rhonda Emery said...

oh I may have to do this also so cute tfs.

Besthobbyeva said...

This is awesome. Her teacher is sure to love it!! I love the items you used for the numbers, so cute!! I love your use of vinyl!!!

Laurie

Stacy said...

Jean,
What a great idea and a great gift. Her teacher is going to love it, I know I do
Hugs
Stacy

crazyaboutcricut said...

This is SO great! I love the little embellishments :oD

Running Turtle said...

This is adorable!! What a great gift for a teacher!! Awesome!

Ronnie said...

This clock is amazing!! you really did an amazing job on this...What teacher would not love this...Ronnie

Angi Barrs said...

I so need to make one of these for my classroom. Love it. :)

Valerie said...

Awesome idea for a gift, I need to make a list of all these cute ideas:)

Audrey Frelx said...

Great job, Jean!!! I did one when I first got my E for my hubby's "man's den"! It was so much fun to do! Yours came out great!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful clock.