Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Branch Wall Hanging

I have to say that this is one of my favorite things that I have made.  I love how it turned out and I love the saying.
I started by going out in the backyard and picking up some sticks.  I got a good bit of them and then placed them down around the frame to make sure they were the right size and lined up.
I then went outside and spray painted the branches white.  I had to spray one side and then flip them over after they dried and spray the other side.
 Next, I hot glued the branches around the outside of the frame.
 I used Simply Charmed to cut a little bird for the corner.  I attached it to the front glass of the frame with pop dots.

 For the inside of the frame, I printed a brown square with white letters using the font BarenhandFashion.  Here is a picture of it hanging on the wall.

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge Blog: Up in the Air: http://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
Frosted Designs: Reuse/Green Challenge: http://www.frosteddesigns.blogspot.com/
Getting Cricky with K Andrews: For the Birds Simply Sunday Challenge: http://www.gettingcricky.com/

I am also linking this up here:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! We happen to have a book in our home with that exact saying.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

love the saying! Super cute project!

kissinia said...

This is so nice! Great idea! Thanks for joining Frosted Designs this week.

Cathie Rigby said...

This is a really great idea! Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing Cathie www.creativecutter.org

Ashley said...

What a cute idea! GREAT job! Just wanted to let you know that I have passed an award onto you and you can jump on over to my blog to pick it up!

♥Ashley
welchcreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOVE those sticks painted white!!! What a great addition for your frame! Love the birdie and the saying too!

Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs for our Reuse and Repurpose Challenge this week!!

Stacy said...

Jean,
I love this! Your talent amazes me. I may have to copy this for my room
Hugs,
Stacy

Jen said...

Jean, I love this project! What a great idea to use the sticks on the frame, too.

~ Jen @ Musings of A Crafty Mom
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful project!! So creative using the twigs and bird. I just love it! Thanks for submitting on Frosted Designs :)

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea to use sticks and with the adorable bird is just perfect! Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs.

Hugs,
Kristin

happyglitzygirl said...

Just love what you did there. I cold see a whole row of these down my hallway. Great idea and thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

shaz earl said...

Fabulous project thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge this week.

Shellyhectic said...

I love that! I may have to copy!!

Kathy said...

What a great idea, Love it. Good luck!
Hugs,
Kathy
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

WOW! Jean--girl every time I come over here you have up something else amazing! I love this--I must get around to having one of these! It's Owl-some! heehee
Thanks sooo much for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge!

Big Cricky Hugs,
K Andrew